Metal Venture
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Venture

Metal Venture game community. Discover the game and share your very own creations!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forcefields

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
heretic

Forcefields Empty
PostSubject: Forcefields   Forcefields I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:52 pm

I have an objective with 3 objective points. (Objective 0). Say i complete the objective.
Then i make a room_reached entity and i put " if objective_complete(0)=1 then map_forcefield[x,y]=0 "
It doesn't work.(no error msg, just the ff is still on). Any help?
Back to top Go down
vdweller
Admin

Forcefields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forcefields   Forcefields I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Use field_down(x,y) instead Smile

There are also 2 useful variables for shutting down a forcefield in the current room: roomx and roomy. They both store the x and y coords of the room you're currently in. So saying field_down(roomx,roomy) instead of numerically specifying coordinates also works.
Back to top Go down
https://metalventure.forumotion.net
heretic

Forcefields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forcefields   Forcefields I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:22 pm

that was cool! thank you, Orangemonger...
Back to top Go down
heretic

Forcefields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forcefields   Forcefields I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:40 pm

Well, i tested it and it seems like the typical ff issue... When you go to the room after you've completed the obj, you've got ff down. But, when you go without having completed the obj, then go away and then come back after you've compl the obj, you've got fail. Sad what can i do? bounce (Damn! I'm almost releasing the mappack...)
Back to top Go down
vdweller
Admin

Forcefields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forcefields   Forcefields I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:22 pm

heretic wrote:
Well, i tested it and it seems like the typical ff issue... When you go to the room after you've completed the obj, you've got ff down. But, when you go without having completed the obj, then go away and then come back after you've compl the obj, you've got fail. Sad what can i do? bounce (Damn! I'm almost releasing the mappack...)

I'm not so sure that's the case. I thoroughly tested it in 1.03 and other people who got stuck there told me that the problem disappeared.

Opening level 8 of "A dormant Menace" in the editor will help. In there, I have 3 areas. Clearing them adds an objective point. When the player reaches the force field area, there's a "Room reached" object with the following settings:

Property 1: if objective_complete(0)=true then field_down(roomx,roomy);
Property 2 : 1

You've probably missed property 2: It defines the persistence of the object. If not set to 1, the object dissapears after the first visit to the room, never to appear again. When set to 1, it always executes the code defined in property 1, no matter how many times you enter and exit.

Tell me if it helps. Also, sending the world for any similar problems might help Wink
Back to top Go down
https://metalventure.forumotion.net
heretic

Forcefields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forcefields   Forcefields I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:28 pm

well, that's exactly what i was looking for: persistence... ok thx albino albino
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forcefields Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forcefields   Forcefields I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forcefields
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Venture :: Metal Venture Game & Editor :: The Level Editor-
Jump to: