Metal Venture
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Venture

Metal Venture game community. Discover the game and share your very own creations!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Celestial Rise

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
heretic

The Celestial Rise Empty
PostSubject: The Celestial Rise   The Celestial Rise I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:16 pm

World description:
After the events of the original game, Herbert faces a new threat: the discovery of an unknown alien technology by a human scientific team draws the attention of old enemies... Herbert has to act quickly in order to prevent the threat and make the galaxy a safer place, once again.
The Celestial Rise Mv110 The Celestial Rise Mv210 The Celestial Rise Mva_bm10
The Celestial Rise Mvb_bm10 The Celestial Rise Mvc_bm10
Primary link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ev0r0n847rvj2fd

Alternative link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/82ayzm

Filename: The celestial rise.rar
Size: 4.55MB
Back to top Go down
vdweller
Admin

The Celestial Rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Celestial Rise   The Celestial Rise I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Great work! To quote myself from a short post over at Mod DB,

Embracing and expanding the story of the original world, Heretic created a fun and challenging story-driven world, and from the first few minutes of playing you can see that he's put some serious effort into it! Cutscenes are awesome and stylistically coherent, and a generous amount of new graphics give the world its own distinctive personality.

I especially liked the cutscenes and some areas were cleverly designed (although many rooms were far from a teleporter in one or two levels, which made things kinda tiring).

Now, time for some feedback:

The Celestial Rise Th_screenshot107copy
Bad tileset/object placement. Also, this background kinda makes doors look weird and out of place, probably because it looks more like a landscape underneath rather than walls of a deep room.

The Celestial Rise Th_screenshot106copy
Bad door placement. I also noticed somewhere else (I don't remember excactly) that doors that can't be opened (fake ones) have a normal door underneath them which operates and sheds light underneath the fake one, which is kinda ugly. Probably hasty door placement Smile

The Celestial Rise Th_screenshot105copy
You should probably erase the walls in this room, because bullets appear hitting something invisible when shooting at them.

The Celestial Rise Th_screenshot108copy
One Assembly Line object is enough. Assembly lines always appear on a fixed position, no matter where you put the object boxes. That was more like a tutorial-ish remark, rather than serious feedback Smile

The Celestial Rise Th_screenshot109copy
Heeeey! This enemy dropped something, but it can't be accessed! Always use drop(-1) in baddies that are attacking from a remote, non-accessible position.

Also most red/green tile puzzles were the same over and over again! I think I met the 3x3 all-red tile pattern 3 times in different rooms! Please change that!

And now, the most important remark of them all: Dude, where is the music????
Seriously, the levels and cutscenes need music. Badly. And existing music selection was...well...what music?
The track that looped on level 3 was like the menu screen of a DVD, playing a part of a larger song over and over again...The track isn't bad, but definitely not for looping...
Also, boss rooms music was also poorly chosen. Those tracks just aren't for looping. Plus, when a boss is defeated, if you exit and reenter the room, boss music is heard again, that is a tense track in a now empty space.

Here's a way to add some boss music that plays as long as the room is hostile. Add a "room reached object" with:
Property1: if roomcleared[roomx,roomy]=false then play_track(track_id,1);
Property2: 1
track_id is the track number you want to be played.

An audio overhaul would make the world a total kick-ass. Visit www.freesound.org ,it has tons of free ambient music and sound effects. Search for the work of a guy called ERH, I've used some of his tracks in the game.

...or you could always use the music included with the game, but in a better way Smile

That's all I can think of now. Keep up the great work, I hope to see a fixed and more...audible version soon cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by vdweller on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://metalventure.forumotion.net
heretic

The Celestial Rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Celestial Rise   The Celestial Rise I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:35 am

Thx for feedback, I guess I could fix the minor details like doors, inaccessible items from enemies, puzzles and so on, plus the music... Well, the music was set in about 20 minutes tongue , as I had left that for the end. I guess I could perform some... serious improvements on it afro
Back to top Go down
heretic

The Celestial Rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Celestial Rise   The Celestial Rise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 am

WORLD UPDATE:

The Celestial Rise v1.1

Changelog:

-fixed some badly placed objects/tiles
-performed an audio overhaul

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?902fgc7i0t0a0i2
Back to top Go down
RandomChap

The Celestial Rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Celestial Rise   The Celestial Rise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 pm

How do i get pat level 2?

PS:Love your campaign(from what little i played it) i has real quality, almost as good as the original, but i notice i is more linear, it's not a bad thing but i preferred the exploration a bit more.
Back to top Go down
vdweller
Admin

The Celestial Rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Celestial Rise   The Celestial Rise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:54 pm

heretic wrote:
WORLD UPDATE:

The Celestial Rise v1.1

Changelog:

-fixed some badly placed objects/tiles
-performed an audio overhaul

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?902fgc7i0t0a0i2

Much better now Smile It looks twice as good with properly placed music.
Back to top Go down
https://metalventure.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

The Celestial Rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Celestial Rise   The Celestial Rise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Celestial Rise
Page 1 of 1